LBBA is seeking to hire a full-time Marketing and Outreach Staff. LBBA is a Chicago-based architectural practice established in 1987 that is distinguished by its community-based approach. An innovative leader and hands-on champion of affordable housing and neighborhood planning, LBBA believes good design should be available to all. Together with clients and community stakeholders, LBBA co-creates inventive, inviting, and sustainable spaces and places that transform lives, revitalize neighborhoods, and regenerate cities. See www.lbba.com for more information.
The ideal candidate for this position will be an articulate, proactive, and well-organized professional who is able to support LBBA staff in pursuing new business and can maintain and create marketing materials including: firm profile/resumes, brand guidelines, website, social media, logos, presentations, photography, award submissions, and publications.
Essential Functions/Primary Responsibilities
- Maintain office graphics and a growing firm portfolio/project pages in web and print format.
- Administer firm blog and social media.
- Administer project photography, utilizing in-house and 3rd party photographers and resources.
- Work with Partners to research potential new projects and clients.
- Prepare and organize responses to Request for Proposals and Request for Qualifications.
- Prepare and organize responses to Award submissions.
- Administer and optimize firm website:
- SEO score
- Prepare and organize PowerPoints for staff presentation at conferences and other industry events.
- Establish links and communication with local non-profit and community groups and cultivate and extend existing relationships, including city agencies.
- Maintain a calendar of upcoming Awards and Marketing events.
- Maintain records of media, press, and awards.
- Interface with publishers regarding media and awards.
- Collaborate with LBBA staff to identify meaningful outreach activities and provide necessary support.
- Assist primary media contact; developing and implementing PR strategies including media outreach, press releases, media inquiries, and maintaining records of publications.
- Assist brand manager, ensuring proper and consistent use of brand attributes, logos, and naming conventions.
Qualifications & Skills
- Skilled communicator with strong interpersonal and presentation skills, as well as the ability to write well and translate complex issues into simple language that people who are not experts can understand.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and attention to detail.
- Prior experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) Microsoft Office Suite, and WordPress. Basic HTML and CSS skills are a plus.
- Strong interest in architecture, urban planning, and/or community development in Chicago and the region.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required in Architecture, Planning, Art History, Communications, Journalism, or a design-related discipline.
- Experience within the architecture and design field and/or practical marketing, communications, and graphics experience.
Send your resume and portfolio with contact information to email@example.com